For this year’s World AIDS Day Dec 1st, the 56 Dean Street is hosting a week of events.
- Wed 27th Nov, 5pm; free film screening, Crystal City. A film about meth addiction and recovery; we are screening this film especially for London’s Twelve Step Recovery community. Trailer here. More details about the event here.
- Thursday 28th Nov, 5pm; free film screening, “Buddies“. Buddies was THE first feature length drama about AIDS when it was released in 1984; made amid a crisis, a true historical artifact. Trailer here. More details about the event, and ticket purchases here.
- Friday 29th Nov 6pm; HIV activist, porn performer Kayden Gray hosts a discussion and panel event at 20th Century House in Soho Square, for World AIDS Day. Details, info and tickets to be found here.
- Sat 30th Nov, The World AIDS Day Red Run 2019. 10.50am to 2.45pm (plus some post-Run events). The World AIDS Day RED RUN returns to Victoria Park, London on 30 November 2019 to raise awareness and funds for vital HIV services across the UK. Register to run, or learn more about the day here.
Porn performer and HIV activist Kayden Gray is running the Red Run in drag this year, to raise money for our Generation Zero campaign. Every penny raised will be used to give free PrEP to someone aged under 25 at risk of HIV. Learn more or donate to his page here.
Other people running for 56 Dean Street at this year’s Red Run include;
- Sunday 1st December – World AIDS Day. G-A-Y & 56 Dean Street, Annual Testing Day. Get Tested At G-A-Y Bar, 12pm – 8pm. This Years Campaign. With Increase in New HIV Diagnosis 18 to 21 Year Olds. For Every 20 People Tested At G-A-Y Bar On World AIDS Day, G-A-Y Will Fund Someone’s Prep For A Year. Here is the Facebook event page.
- Sunday Dec 1st. DRAGATHON at Ku Bar. KU Bar’s annual World AIDS Day auction, this year is followed by a Drag-a-thon! Numerous back to back drag acts raising funds for 56 Dean Street’s ‘Bootcamp’ | 56T
Thank you KU, thank you Queens.
- Sunday 1st Dec, 6.30pm to 11pm. Cast members from The Grass Is Always Grindr will be taking over The Glory on Worlds AIDS Day for a special movie night with live elements – set in the very club that features in the film! Join us on Sunday 1st Dec to enjoy the film version of The Grass Is Always Grindr on The Glory’s big screen, kickback with a cocktail, and then hang out in real life with characters from the film!Seated tickets are strictly limited to just 60 people. Your ticket includes:A SCREENING OF THE FILMA SPECIAL Q&A AFTERWARDSAN IMMERSIVE ‘BELL BOY’ PARTY AFTERALL TICKETS SALES WILL GO TO 56 DEAN STREET’S GENERATION ZERO CAMPAIGN.Learn more & purchase tickets here
- Wed 4th Dec, 5pm to 6pm. Porn star Jonathan Agassi joins David Stuart for a conversation at 56 Dean Street.
- Thurs 5th Dec. A Change of Scene. A free monthly forum for gay and bisexual men to share their lives & experience. A facilitated group discussion, no obligation to engage, with a monthly theme and special guest speaker. Events are free. Visit Facebook page for more info. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place. Next even Thurs Dec 5th, 6.30 to 8pm
For more information about these events ahead of sales & formal announcements, email email@example.com
EVENTS IN DEC
- Jonathan Agassi Saved my Life. A film screening about the life of porn star Jonathan Agassi. Not a free event, but sharing as a nod to our supporters and collaborators, Peccadillo Pictures. Includes a Q&A with the film’s protagonist Jonathan Agassi, and David Stuart from 56 Dean Street.
Dec 11th. Organic, authentic, chemical-free sex; let’s do it. A community discussion and tutorial in how to enjoy sex, intimacy, connection, sex without the aid of intoxicants. Wed Dec 11th 6pm to 8pm. More details to be announced, and here.
The next alcohol group workshop is Thurs Dec 12th, 5.30pm to 7pm. More details here.