– Let’s Talk About Gay Sex and Drugs
– Prime Take-A-Break workshop
– The friday Night Kindness Cabaret
– A Queer history; a pan-generational perspective, at 20th Century Fox
– Sextroverts queer comedy
– The ChemSex Monologues
– (Details of our usual walk-in support services.)
Let’s Talk About Gay Sex and Drugs returns Thursday March 9th (6.30pm) with the theme this month being “Cool”; however you’d like to interpret it. In cabaret style, Queer performance artists, poets, or simply community members with an opinion will be taking to the stage and open-mic to share how ChemSex affects them, their friends or their community. It’s free and all welcome. To get an idea of what happens at Let’s Talk About Gay Sex and Drugs each month, watch this 2 min video. Visit the Facebook page here.
– Prime Workshop; Take A break
For Dean Street Prime members only; there is a discussion/workshop on Friday 17th March, 5pm to 7pm.
For more details, email HA.email@example.com
(This workshop is for HIV negative gay men specifically, who feel that they have a high likelihood of catching HIV, based on the risks they experience around their sex lives and/or choices; if you feel your sex life involves choices or circumstances that put you at particular risk of catching HIV, ask any Dean Street staff member about PRIME when you’re next in clinic.) More details and videos, here.
– THE FRIDAY NIGHT KINDNESS CABARET is a spectacular performance night on the nature of ‘kindness’ within the LGBT community. Free entry, and all welcome to attend, including allies!
Hosted by Patrick Cash of 56 Dean Street and David Robson of Wandsworth LGBT Forum, the evening includes wonderful featured guests speaking about kindness within our communities.
Plus limited open-mic scratch slots for people wanting to wax lyrical on the theme. Doors 7.30pm, show 8pm, Friday 17th March at Ku Bar (basement) Lisle Street. More details and videos, here
– Sex, Love and Freedom – Happy 50th Birthday to Us Dan Glass & guests explore contemporary needs of gay Londoners, with a pan-generational panel. Wed 22nd March, 6pm to 8pm. A free event; to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org More details on the Facebook page.
2017 is the 50th anniversary of the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality. Fifty years of the (im)pure, hard, soft and-everywhere-in-between love, sex, intimacy and pride. Fifty years of a fast and furious rollercoaster, from the giddy power-trips of “I really am a Dom, but please don’t hit me again!” to the toe curling “do you believe in love at first sight, or do I have to send you another picture?” lows.
So what can our history teach us about love, lust, romance, freedom and our inclination to live our lives to the full, in the way our queer ancestors fought so hard for? What has criminalisation, and its retraction, done to the bonds between us as a community? And are we truly free today?
Come and hear from speakers about ‘LGBTQI+ love and freedom through the ages – our simulations, sexual incitements, subcultures, fetishes, hurdles, desires, stigmas and fantasies – the good, the bad and the ugly – from the passing of the ‘Sexual Offences Act’ to today.
Hosted by Dean Street Wellbeing Programme and ‘Queer Tours of London – A Mince Through Time’ – March 22nd 2017 – Soho Square – 6-8PM please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your space. Apologies the venue is not wheelchair accessible.
– SEXTROVERTS is a Queer comedy cabaret night where the theme is queer sex. All in the name of better sexual wellbeing through dialogue, and (in this case), laughter – some of it may be inappropriate! Whatever you do with your junk, join the Sextroverts Cabaret night Wed 29th March at 7pm at Ku Bar (Lisle Street, China town). Free every month, and open to anyone. Visit the Facebook page.
For other support groups, social, sporting or recreational activities throughout the year, please visit our Survival Kit pages.
– ChemSex support clinics; if you want to discuss your own chem use with a kind, non-judging advisor, we have walk in, one to one appointments on the 3rd floor of 56 Dean Street at the following times; each Tuesday 5 to 7pm
Each Thursday, 1 to 4pm
The 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month (4th & 18th March) 1 to 3pm.
Just walk in, or visit the website for Chems advice
– cliniQ, Trans support services; Every Wednesday evening between 5 and 7pm, there is a safe space on the 2rd floor of 56 Dean Street to chat with a range of support workers specifically about Trans wellbeing. Visit the website for more information
– SWISH is a specific support service for people working in the sex industry (porn film actors, escorts, sex workers). Simply walk in to the 3rd floor of 56 Dean Street on Wed evening between 5 and 7pm for a chat with a support worker.
– HEAR ME PROJECT
A bespoke service for deaf and DLGBT communities for those who
would like a nurse who can sign (BSL) during your consultation
Every Monday 4-7pm
Dean Street Express
34 Dean Street, Soho
Please walk in to 34 Dean Street and show your blue card at reception—you will be asked to complete a
simple form before your consultation. Results in 6 hours.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07391 929 080
Dean Street Express offers free and confidential sexual health screening (STI/STD and HIV tests)
six days a week for asymptomatic (no signs of infection, discharge, rashes etc) patients